Why do the Augustinians remember the life of a simple woman who lived over 550 years ago? She could hardly read or write. She didn’t give any great sermons. She didn’t write any great books. But we remember this Saint of the Impossible because she teaches us how to love Jesus. Jesus and the Eucharist sustained St. Rita of Cascia, and we hope that Jesus and the Eucharist sustain you.
From May 13 through May 21, we will celebrate the Eucharist daily at 7pm through a special Novena to St. Rita, and we will celebrate her feast day, the Solemnity of St. Rita, on May 22 at the St. Rita of Cascia Shrine Chapel in Chicago. We would like to invite you to come and celebrate her amazing life as a peacemaker with us.
Novena Schedule of Celebrants
- Wednesday, May 13: Rev. Anthony Pizzo, O.S.A.
- Thursday, May 14: Rev. Jerome Heyman, O.S.A.
- Friday, May 15: Rev. James Halstead, O.S.A.
- Saturday, May 16: Rev. William McFarlane
- Sunday, May 17 (Healing Mass with Blessed Oil): Rev. Richard Fragomeni
- Monday, May 18: Very Rev. Bernard C. Scianna, O.S.A.
- Tuesday, May 19: Rev. Brian Walker, O.P.
- Wednesday, May 20: Rev. Robert Kelly, S.V.D.
- Thursday, May 21: Rev Bradley Zamora
- Friday, May 22 (10 am Feast Day Mass): Rev. Bernard Danber, O.S.A.
- Friday, May 22 (7 pm Feast Day Mas): Rev. Thomas McCarthy, O.S.A.
Furthermore, we would be happy to pray for any intentions you may wish to offer during this solemn Novena. Whether if it be for the mother in your life, grandmother, sister, or any other special intention, the Augustinians are also offering complimentary Mother’s Day cards. You can request a card by filling out the form below.
If you are able, we would appreciate an offering of $50 for this St. Rita Novena. All contributions are voluntary, and we are grateful for whatever you may decide to contribute. Your contribution will help us continue to bring St. Rita’s message to thousands in our parishes and schools by supporting our vocations and formation program, our retired and infirm friars, and our missions in Peru. In order to have your prayer intention included in this special Novena, please complete the form below by Friday, May 8. We Augustinians will pray for you and wish you and your loved ones peace and happiness throughout this special Novena.