Toward the conclusion of our year-long 75th Anniversary Diamond Jubilee, we will host our fourth annual Augustinian Gala at the Drake Hotel. This year, we will honor:
- Fr. Mike Slattery, O.S.A., Pastor Emeritus of St. Jude, New Lenox; St. Clare of Monteafalco, Chicago; St. Augustine, Philadelphia
- Ernie Mrozek, President of St. Rita of Cascia High School, Chicago, IL
- Fr. Ted Tack, O.S.A., Diamond Jubilee Remembrance, Prior General Emeritus of the Augustinian Order
Gala Sponsorship Opportunities
- Overall Gala Sponsor With Saint Augustine Table for 10 and full page ad, prominent recognition on signage and from the dais
- Reception Sponsor Includes 4 reservations, half page ad, prominent recognition on signage and from the dais
- Video Tribute Sponsors (available for each of the honorees) You will have your name displayed in the video tribute that will debut at the gala for your selected honoree. The video will later be posted on our website for the entire public to see. These sponsorships come with two reservations and a half page ad.
- Music Sponsorship Includes 2 reservations, half page ad, prominent recognition on signage and from the dais
- Flowers Sponsorship Includes 2 reservations, half page ad, prominent recognition on signage and from the dais
- Program Book Sponsorship Includes 2 reservations, quarter page ad, prominent recognition on signage and from the dais
- Sponsor an Augustinian to attend the Gala Includes two extra reservations for you and one guest
Reception Sponsor: Mr. & Mrs. E. Blake Hastings
Augustinian Seminary Alumni Reception Sponsor: Ernie Mrozek
The Father Ted Tack, O.S.A. Video Tribute Sponsor: The Susan and G.T. Bynum Family
The Father Mike Slattery, O.S.A. Video Tribute Sponsor: Denise and Robert Utter
Ernie Mrozek Video Tribute Sponsor: A Grateful Friend of Ernie Mrozek
Flowers Sponsor: Greg & Wendy Jania
Music Sponsor: Thomas W. Dower Foundation
Program Book Sponsor:
Augustinian Gala Committee
- Anne and Don Berschback
- Joe Brennan
- Susan and G.T. Bynum
- Bob and Mary Carroll
- Jim Foody, M.D.
- Mindy and Mark Hacker
- Catharine and Edward Hennessy, Co-Chairs
- Wendy and Greg Jania
- Dan Kill
- Rev. Thomas R. McCarthy, O.S.A.
- Jenny Meehan
- Emilie and Anthony O'Neill
- Pat Ormsby
- Very Rev. Bernard C. Scianna, O.S.A., Ph.D.
- Lisa and Richard Solava
- Rev. R. William "Bill" Sullivan, O.S>A.
- Denise and Rob Utter
- Martin Wojcik
- Mike Zunica
The Drake Hotel is a luxury, full-service hotel, located downtown on the lake side of Michigan Avenue two blocks north of the John Hancock Center and a block south of Oak Street Beach at the top of the Magnificent Mile. Overlooking Lake Michigan, it was founded in 1920, designed in the Italian Renaissance style by the firm of Marshall and Fox, and soon became one of Chicago's landmark hotels. It is known for the contribution that its silhouette and sign on the lake (Oak Street) façade make to the Gold Coast skyline.
The Drake Hotel is pleased to offer a preferred guest rate of $199 a night on the evenings of April 21, 22, and 23 to those attending the 2016 Augustinian Gala. Just use the code MID when you make your reservations in the Offer Code (SRP) text box. To receive the preferred guest rate, you must make your reservations by April 1.
(Subject to change)
- Dinner Wines: The Drake's Season House Wine Selection
- The Salad Course: Endive Salad, Watercress, Maytag Bleu Cheese, Grapes, Candied Pecans, Red Wine Vinaigrette
- Intermezzo: Trio of Sorbet, Champagne, Grapefruit and Pomegranate, Frozen Sugar Sugared Grapes, Mint Sprig
Land and Sea: Filet Mignon (Grilled Medium Rare), Cape Cod Crab Cake, Kennebec Au Gratin Potato, Sugar Snap Peas, Roasted Tear Drop Tomato
For Our Vegetarian Friends: Rice Noodle Pad Thai, Baby Bok Choy, Ginger Carrot
Flourless Chocolate Cake