The closing celebration of the Midwest Augustinian Province's 75th Anniversary Diamond Jubilee will be held at St. Rita of Cascia Shrine Chapel. Though St. Rita has since moved its geographical location, it is among the first sites of service of the Augustinians in the Midwest.
St. Rita has been served by the Augustinians since we first came to the Midwest in 1905. It was adopted as a part of the Province of Our Mother of Good Counsel at the Province's founding in 1941. Please join in this historic event!
Bishop Dan Turley, O.S.A.
Very Rev. Bernard C. Scianna, O.S.A., Ph.D.
Mass begins at 10:00am with reception immediately to follow.
At Mass we will also be celebrating the following Augustinians celebrating Anniversaries of Priesthood:
- Fr. Ed Kersten, O.S.A. (60 Years)
- Fr. Tom Osborne, O.S.A. (50 Years)
- Fr. John Szura, O.S.A. (50 Years)
- Fr. Jerry Nicholas, O.S.A. (50 Years)
- Fr. Reinhard Sternemann, O.S.A. (50 Years)
- Fr. Jim Halstead, O.S.A. (40 Years)
- Fr. Jim Paradis, O.S.A. (25 Years)
We will also present the following with the highest honor the Augustinian Order can bestow upon an individual: Affiliation of the Faithful to the Augustinian Order (a recognition that makes them official members of the Augustinian Order without professing vows):
- Ronald M. Abramowicz
- Ernest J. Mrozek
- Donald A. Petkus
- Michael B. Schneider
- John J. Standring, Jr. and Julie K. Standring