Thank you to the 460 people that came out to our Inaugural Gala on April 26, 2013, and to the many sponsors and advertisers for making the night a success. When the concept was first discussed 13 months ago, we had great hopes and aspirations and a few doubts as well. Not knowing who might respond or how great the response would be, we set out these initial goals:
- Present a clear case and a compelling message for supporting the Augustinians
- Pull together a large audience (350-400) representing our “family” from across the Province
- Generate proceeds of $100,000 for our priorities – Retired Augustinians, men in formation, and Peruvian missions
- Create a warm, inviting and inspiring atmosphere setting the pace and tone for future fundraising
- Identify more supporters and volunteers to become engaged with the Province.
Thanks to you I can confidently report that we exceeded all our expectations. This was the largest and most diverse gathering of support for the Province in our 108 years of work here. The turnout and results were a credit to you, to Our Mother of Good Counsel, and all the Augustinians. Over 460 guests from five countries and thirteen states made the evening extra special. Guests were especially inspired by the remarks of Cardinal Francis George, the Archbishop of Chicago, and our three honorees, Bishop John McNabb, O.S.A., Bishop Dan Turley, O.S.A., and our Prior General Robert Prevost, O.S.A.
We would like to share with you this photo gallery of the night, including guest photos with the Cardinal, photos of the honorees' presentations, and more. Please click any of the below images to see the full gallery:
At this time, I would like to recognize our major sponsors that generously contributed to the success for the Augustinians:
Hon. Francis & Kathleen Rooney
U.S. Ambassador to the Vatican (ret.)
The Thomas W. Dower Foundation
Program Book Sponsor
Kopon Airdo LLC
The Linehan Family Foundation
I am also grateful for all those that sponsored a table at our Gala this year. Thank you to:
Saint Augustine Sponsors
- Tony and Phyllis Lauinger
- The Ormsby Family
Saint Rita of Cascia Sponsors
- Matt and Peggy Coughlin, and Bob and Jeanne Sullivan, in Memory of Father Theodore Tack, O.S.A.
- Saint Rita of Cascia Church, Chicago
- Beth and Brian Sieve
Saint Monica Sponsors
- The American Province of Little Company of Mary Sisters
- Anne and Don Berschback
- Leo and Helen Hennessy
- Wayne Klasing
- Ed Schmit
- In Honor of Prior Provincial Fr. Bernie Scianna, O.S.A.
- The Augustinian Community of Providence Catholic High School, in Memory of Father Ray Ryan, O.S.A.
- The Brodnicki Brothers, in Honor of Charles and Eda Brodnicki
- Marianne Griffin and Nancy Ryan, in Memory of the Deceased Members of the Turley Family (John P. Turley, Anne M. Turley, Sister Patricia Turley, O.P., and John D. Turley)
- Mark S. Hacker, in Loving Memory of Gerald J. Hacker, Sr.
- The Hastings Family, in Memory of Father Theodore E. Tack, O.S.A.
- The Herlihey Family, in Honor of the Priests of Villanova
- Greg Jania, in Loving Memory of Father Walter McNicholas, O.S.A.
- The Family of Michael J. O'Connor, O.S.A., in Honor of Bishop John C. McNabb, O.S.A., Bishop Daniel T. Turley, O.S.A., and Most Rev. Robert F. Prevost, O.S.A.
- The Pat O'Connor Family, in Honor of Fr. David Brecht, O.S.A., and the Tolentine Class of 1973, 40th Anniversary
- Bob Olson, In Honor of Leo & Helen Hennessy
- Saint Augustine High School Seminary Class of 1968, in Honor of Fr. Charlie Bodden, O.S.A.
- Saint Clare of Montefalco Parish, Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan, in Honor of All the Augustinian Priests that Served at St. Clare, Grosse Pointe
- Mike and Sheila Sise, in Memory of Fr. Tom Martin, O.S.A. and in Honor of Fr. Daniel Hartigan, O.S.A. and Fr. William Sullivan, O.S.A.
- Turk's Table, in Honor of Rev. Ronald Turcich, O.S.A.
I would also like to publicly thank all the many advertisers that placed an ad in our program book:
- Alvernia Manor
- Augustinian Seminary Alumni Community
- Augustinian Seminary Alumni Community, Class of 1968
- Augustinian Seminary Alumni Community, Class of 1970
- BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois
- Bright Side Travel & Cruises
- Buck Services Incorporated
- Catholic Theological Union (CTU)
- Chicago Airports Catholic Chaplaincy
- Corrigan Co.
- Diocese of Joliet in Illinois
- Steve and Mary Kay Driscoll
- Escape Cruises & Travel Ltd.
- Steven M French, DPM, FACFAS
- Great Lakes Advisors
- Janet Guensche
- The Hague Family
- The Harrison Family
- International Insurance Brokers, Ltd. (IIB)
- James Joseph Adduci and Associates, LLC
- Jazzy Florist
- Greg Klazura
- Richard Kornowski
- L.L. Andreatta & Associates
- The McCone Family
- The McCutcheon Family
- Napoleon Hill Foundation
- Palermo's of 63rd Street LTD
- Paracon Group
- Robert J. Sheehy & Sons
- Saint Clare of Montefalco Parish (Chicago)
- Saint Rita of Cascia High School Fathers and Mothers Clubs
- Jim Sampson
- Michael and Jean Scianna
- Selden Fox, LTD
- Sisters of Saint Casimir
- Bill and Bonnie Small
- Smith & Donovan Confections
- Southwest Town Mechanical
- Storino, Ramello & Durkin
- UBS Financial Services Inc.
- Wintrust Community Banks
We are exploring the option of doing this again in 2014. If you wish to share any comments or ideas please contact me or my Advancement Director Michael Gerrity at 773-595-4035 or at email@example.com. Thanks again for making this inaugural event a tremendous success for all the Augustinians.
Yours in Christ and St. Augustine,
Rev. Bernard C. Scianna, O.S.A., Ph.D.