By Michael Gerrity, Chief Advancement Officer
You have worked hard.
You have worked hard to use God’s gifts well and to earn what you have. We expect that you try to be as wise and discerning in donating as you were in the earning. You are generous and likely give to other charitable causes. So we are very grateful for your gifts. We try to make every effort to demonstrate our gratitude.
The Midwest Augustinians ask for your gifts because:
- They believe that through their ministry in schools, parishes, and elsewhere they help to make our world a “holier,” that is to say, a gentler, kinder, more giving and forgiving place, and
- They are a mendicant order and must seek charitable gifts as a significant means of support.
The heart of the matter is long-lasting, faith-based relationships.
The Augustinians impress upon us that they want their fundraising always to be mindful that at the heart of all giving is shared beliefs, values, and vision for the world and eternity. This is what we strive to convey in our newsletter, website, letters, invitations, telephone calls, and numerous gatherings. We grow in faith together and support each other “one mind and one heart” on the way to God.
We try to offer a variety of options.
When you do decide to donate, we want you to have several options, such as:
- Augustinian Annual Fund – This runs year-round and is intended to provide regular annual income to sustain the Province’s ministries for our vocations program and men in formation studies, for our retired and infirm men, and for our missions’ works in Peru,
- Continuing Our Journey of Faith – This is a rare capital campaign (last one was 1992) to seek gifts and pledges to build up the Augustinians’ trusts dedicated to care for our new vocations and our retired/infirm men. The goal is $3.5 million and we are near $2.7 million with a year to go.
- Augustinian Gala – This is our only major Province-wide special event with the income benefiting the exact same purposes as the annual fund, and
- Restless Hearts Society – The society honors people who make deferred gifts for the Augustinians by naming the Province as beneficiaries in their wills, life insurance, annuities, or retirement accounts. These donors can also designate how their deferred gift will be used.
Each and every gift and prayer has a wondrous impact for the Augustinians and those they serve.
Progress - To Date, Thank you.
Steadily we are building our family of supporters and ability to sustain our good works.
Donations to Augustinians through 2014
The Province's overall budget for the year is over $2.6 million, and $1.8 million of that is required for our vocations program, our men in formation studies, our retired men, and our missions in Peru.
Donors Actively Giving to Augustinians through 2014
Please keep praying.
No matter the circumstances prayers work so please keep praying for vocations, for the Augustinians, and for each other. You can send your prayer intentions to Mary Gal Carroll. She will see that they are taken to the Shrine of St. Rita. Thank you and God bless you.