Advancement Associate Position
5401 S. Cornell Ave., Chicago, IL 60615
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: 2+ years in Advancement or Communications
We are looking for an energetic, organized, "people person” who enjoys working with a variety of people in a pleasant setting. This person must be flexible, service-oriented, and a total team player willing to learn new things. He or she must be comfortable working for a Catholic mission organization, and with the donors and volunteers who support that mission. Key tasks include:
• Helping set up mission appeals in other parishes,
• Assisting with database entry,
• Assisting the production of mini-mailings from the office,
• Assisting with special events,
• Assisting in communications activities, with our website, and social media.
This is a great position for someone seeking to grow in advancement, willing to learn, and looking to build their career in the process. Ample training will be provided as needed. Ideal candidates will have:
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office - WORD, EXCEL, etc.
• Working knowledge of websites and software such as Squarespace,
• Familiarity with database systems, preferably BlackBaud Raiser's Edge (not a must)
• Some fundraising experience.
Small office, located in Hyde Park, close to Metra and CTA bus lines, free parking included. This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. Deadline for submission is October 15, 2018. You must submit a cover letter, a resume, and the names and contact information of three references to Michael at email@example.com.