Blessed Angelo of Foligno
Angelo of Foligno (1226-1312) was at first a member of the Congregation of Blessed John Good. As the Order of Saint Augustine was formed by uniting various religious communities that were part of the Augustinian tradition, first in the 1244 Little Union, and then in the 1256 Grand Union, Angelo helped to form the new Order.
Angelo Conti was born at Foligno, Italy in 1226. Originally a hermit in the community of Blessed John Good, Angelo transferred to the Augustinians. He founded several monasteries, including the one at Foligno, where he lived from 1248 to 1258.
Records show that he was part of the Augustinian community in Montefalco, also founded by him, from 1275 to 1293. Other documents place him in the monastery at Gubbio in 1293 and in 1297. His last years were spent in the monastery in Foligno, where he died August 27, 1312. His remains are preserved at Saint Augustine Church in Foligno.