Rev. William L. Fink, O.S.A. (1889-1967)
Rev. William L. Fink, O.S.A. entered eternal life on April 18, 1967.
William Liguori Fink was born on August 29, 1889 in McSherrystown, Pennsylvania to John J. and Mary (Shorb) Fink. He was baptized on September 1, 1889. He received the Sacrament of Confirmation on November 19, 1899.
William received his elementary education at St. Joseph Parochial School, McSherrystown. After completing one hear of high school at St. Joseph, he entered the Augustinian minor seminary at St. Rita's Hall, Villanova, Pennsylvania, where he completed his secondary education.
He was received into the Augustinian Novitiate on July 6, 1908. He professed simple (temporary) vows in the Order of St. Augustine on July 7, 1909 and solemn (permanent) vows on September 22, 1912. After one year of collegiate studies at Villanova College, Villanova, William completed his undergraduate work in Rome. He then pursued theological studies in Rome. He was ordained a priest on July 25, 1914.
From 1914 to 1923, Father Fink served at various Augustinian Parishes in the Eastern United States, including: St. Mary Parish, Lawrence, Massachusetts; Immaculate Conception Parish, Hoosick Falls, New York; St. Augustine Parish, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; and Our Mother of Good Counsel Catholic Parish, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania.
Father Fink was assigned in 1923 to St. Augustine Parish, Detroit, Michigan, as Assistant Pastor. In 1932, he was named Pastor of this parish and Prior (local superior) of the Augustinian community there. In 1939, he was appointed as Pastor and Prior at St. Clare of Montefalco Parish, Chicago, Illinois.
He became Pastor and Prior at St. Mary Parish, Rockford, Illinois, in 1947. Father Fink was assigned in 1962 to Cascia Hall, Tulsa, Oklahoma, and was appointed Prior of the Augustinian community there. He served in that position until the time of his death. He died on April 18, 1967 of a heart attack.
Father Fink is buried in the Augustinian plot at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery, Alsip, Illinois.